A Genesis at the Crossroads’ Arts-based Humanitarian Program
Gently-used instruments are donated to others in conflict areas or challenged circumstances locally and globally
Gatc teaching artists & local partnership organizations give subsidized music lessons to beneficiaries passions among disadvantaged youth are channeled into creative rather than potentially destructive activities.
Refugee one (chicago) – music education through and saffron caravan and frelance musicians along with some at the merit school of music; casablanca conservatory of music (morocco); the national conservatory of music (amman, jordan); the tel aviv, israel conservatory of music and the bedouin ahd school (isr
Sites in development:
- African leadership academy, South Africa and in Rwanda
- Multiple musicians generously donate instrument repair skills and services.
- Gatc will video-conference donor and beneficiary children multiple times to further the impact of this program.
- 98.7 Wfmt to publicize this humanitarian effort around the country
- Genesis pairs rotary clubs worldwide to create awareness and facilitate distribution.
- Inter-faith youth collect instruments for global community service projects
Although we often think of disease and polluted water supplies as the greatest of plagues in the developing world, we believe one of the most troubling pandemics of the 21st century is the indoctrination of hatred and the violence that stems from it. Our arm them with instruments program acts to combat that in a positive, creative, educational and nurturing manner.